|BUY TICKETS||Donate if you can’t make it|
Come join a rocking party on a beautiful beach, sprinkled with surf stars, passionate environmentalists, artists, musicians and since this is Malibu, a few movie stars too… We will celebrate our passion for the health of the seven seas, and share the stoke that living on this amazing CA coastline brings to our lives.
The party will have compelling speakers, great local food and drinks, a focus on mind-blowing sustainable surfboards, “live” art, vintage surf films and live music by an All-Star band!
So don’t forget to bring your smile and your thirst for fabulous food and drinks, but you can leave your shoes behind, because we’ll be dancing with our toes in the sand. And be sure to bring the checkbook too – its a charity benefit with lots of great ways to give direct support for our important work, so lets make this happen!
Note: parking is limited on site. Carpooling, walking, biking, golf-carting is highly encouraged!
All-Star Band with Surprise Special Guests
“Bitch’n All Stars” is a knock-out line up created by Rami Jaffee (Foo Fighters, Sound City Players, Wallflowers) with Jessy Greene (Foo Fighters, Sound City Players, Pink), Christopher Thorn (Blind Melon, AWOL Nation, Live), Brad Smith (Blind Melon), Dave Krusen (Pearl Jam), Jonny Kaplan and Dr. J (Jonny Kaplan and the Lazy Stars). Joining them will be SPECIAL GUESTS Cisco Adler, and more…
Celebrity Speakers Include:
- Shaun Tomson - World Champion surfer, author and environmentalist – Speaking on personal responsibility for our oceans, the positive role surfing can provide for tackling life’s challenges, and his own stoke for Sustainable Surf’s ECOBOARD Project to help kickstart the shift towards more “ocean-friendly” surfboards.
- Daryl Hannah – Actress and advocate for a just world. She brings her impassioned voice to protecting the ocean.
- Michael Stewart and Kevin Whilden – Co-Founders of Sustainable Surf and creators of their flagship programs: the ECOBOARD Project, Waste to Waves, and the Deep Blue Surfing Events – which are all designed to positively engage both individuals and the surf industry together, in a collaborative effort to help solve the critical environmental issues facing our ocean playground.
- Liz Crosson – Executive Director of LA Waterkeeper whose mission is to protect and restore Santa Monica Bay, San Pedro Bay and adjacent waters through enforcement, fieldwork, and community action.
- Pro Surfers – Dan Ross, Torrey Meister, Frankie Harrer and Thelen McKinna-Worrell – Listen to a Q&A with seasoned pro surfers, along with the Gen NEXT of budding Malibu surf stars, to discuss their stoke for playing a new role in surfing’s sustainable future.
Take the evening’s “Call to Action”
We will have the crew from ZJ’s Boarding House (and maybe even a couple famous SoCal shapers) on the beach ready to talk shop with you about ECOBOARDS that they carry. And they can even help you complete the evening’s “Call to Action” – a pledge to make your next surfboard, a more sustainable surfboard or SUP – that can proudly carry Sustainable Surf’s ECOBOARD Project label on it.
Amazing Auction Items
Bid on and win unique and AMAZING sustainable surfing auction items. These One-of-a-kind items include: sustainable surfboards and SUPs (from Lost, SuperBrand, Firewire, Hayden Shapes, Channel Islands, Timmy Patterson, Invert Sup, Enjoy handplanes, Pure SUP yoga), new “Guayule” plant-based, petroleum-free wetsuit (Patagonia’s new Yulex wetsuit), a custom surfboard bag crafted from repurposed surf contest banners (Progress Project) Fine-Art wave photographs (Nick Allen/withinwaves) Electric Bike (Pedego), Electric Golf Cart (Malibu Custom Carts), Home ALKALINE water system (Pristine Hydro), DAY Sail on an incredible sailboat (Sail Today) and lots more!. All proceeds benefit non-profits Sustainable Surf and LA Waterkeeper.
Live Art and Eco-Surfboard Crafting
• Norton Wisdom will do performance painting to the music using light-screen technology.
• The Boyz from Entropy Resins and Earth-Technology (E-Tech) Surfboards in LA, will once again be hosting a live “ECO” surfboard glassing demonstration on the beach, using Entropy’s non-toxic, plant-based epoxy resin. It’s also VOC free, no haz-mat suits needed, so you get to check out first-hand how surfboards are really crafted.
Fabulous Food and Drinks
- Gourmet taco and ceviche bar by Petty Cash Taqueria. Experience the tastes from Chef Oso!
- Specialty cocktails with Mako Vodka and VEEV. Mixed by Black Lab Ventures.
- Surfrider Chardonnay from Rosenthal Estate Winery
- Amazing Beer from our local friends at BevMo!
- Non alcoholic drinks: Coconut water, alkaline water, aqua frescas
Please bring your ID to drink alcoholic beverages